- A supportive learning environment in which you will systematically analyse and master the features (grammar, structures and register) of Academic English.
- The chance to study alongside other international students and build a study network, either within your own discipline or branching out into other fields.
- The confidence, critical skills and analytical tools needed to study on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- An understanding of academic conventions and codes of conduct, covering such topics as originality in research produced, citation and other methods of attribution.
Your Pathway to University
Improve your English language skills whilst developing social and inter-cultural skills.Master academic protocols in written and verbal communication, including the indispensable academic skills of referencing correctly, drawing up bibliographies and presenting new research.
By the end of this course, you will have gained the knowledge, skills and confidence to commence your DCU studies.
5 or 10 weeks
20 hours per week
10th June or 15th July 2024
Dublin, Ireland (in-person)
€3,300 + €110 Registration Fee (10 weeks) /
€1,700 + €110 Registration Fee (5 weeks)
What our students say
I definitely recommend the course. I joined the Pre-sessional University Pathway course this summer and it has been spectacular. I learnt a variety of useful skills and tools that I will put in practice when taking my master’s degree at DCU. I feel much more confident to succeed and achieve my goals after taking the course. People behind this program are looking after you, you can contact them for any assistance needed.''
Walter Dennis Mendoza,El Salvador
- Those who want to master the specific linguistic requirements associated with academia.
- Anyone who is about to enter third-level education and who need to master the invaluable conventions, structures and register of Academic English.
- Orientation and introduction to DCU
- Course materials
- Welcome Pack
- Guided self-study time
- Course certificate
Study at a top ranked university in Ireland for international students
DCU ranks among the world's top young universities (QS and THE rankings) and has one of the best graduate employability records of all Irish universities.
|IELTS 6.0 with no skill less than 5.5
|IELTS 6.5 with up to 2 skills less than 6.0 but no skill less than 5.5
|Business School / School of Communications (PG)
|IELTS 6.0 with 6.0 in Speaking and Writing and 5.5 in Listening and Reading
|IELTS 6.5 with 6.0 in Speaking and Writing and 5.5 in Listening and Reading
|TOEFL Home Test
|same as IELTS
|90 (no less than 21 in Writing and 19 in all other subskills
|same as TOEFL
10 weeks: DET 110 with no skill less than 100
5 weeks: DET 115 with no skill less than 105
- 50% continuous assessment, 50% final assessment including final presentation
- Students must receive a 6.5 IELTS equivalent score as their final score
We will be glad to assist you.
Student Life & Activities
At DCU, we know that students participating in extracurricular activities experience a more fulfilling university life.
We encourage you to join events, clubs and societies to get involved in the vibrant student life.
Are you still unsure about your application?
Contact an advisor, we will be glad to help you out.
Make the most of your experience while staying in Ireland. See our range of accommodation options for international students and begin your experience of studying in Dublin at these ideal locations.