- Equip you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to commence your DCU undergraduate studies.
- You can progress to the DCU Business School, a leading business school that is accredited by AACSB, the world’s oldest and most prestigious global accrediting body for business schools.
- Progression into highly ranked degrees. DCU Business School has been ranked in the QS World University Rankings.
- Join the proud community of successful DCU students.
1st July 2023
1 Academic Year
Dublin Ireland (in-person)
30 weeks total
(28 weeks + 2 exam weeks)
€12,950 + Registration & Examination Fee of €1,500 payable within 4 weeks of course commencement
Get the skills to succeed in an Undergraduate Bachelor degree
The programme is delivered by Dublin City University. You will be taught by expert teachers who understand the challenges international students might face and who will be there to support you on your path to university.
- Those who need to improve their English language skills or build up their academic level before studying at DCU.
- Anyone who is looking to progress to a degree in the exciting fields of business.
|Faculty||CAO Code||DCU Programme Title|
|DCUBS||DC110||Business Studies International|
|DCUBS||DC115||Accounting and Finance|
|DCUBS||DC117||Aviation Management / Aviation Management with Pilot Studies|
|DCUBS||DC240||Marketing, Innovation and Technology|
What our students say
I chose DCU because I wanted to study in a university with a great reputation and excellent facilities. Studying here has been amazing! I found everything I needed.”
Chan Um,South Korea
The following are the academic requirements for entry to the DCU International Foundation Year programme.
- Prospective students will need to provide a high school certificate from the student’s country of residence.
- Good overall results from a high-school qualification equivalent of 5 GCSE’s in A to C grade range including Mathematics and English.
Direct entry into the DCU International Foundation Year Programme requires the following English level:
|Qualification||Password||IELTS||TOEFL iBT||PTE Academic||OTE (Oxford Test of English||Duolingo||DCU EAP*|
|5||5||35||36||100||75||B (no skill less than a C)|
Students who have not yet achieved this direct entry standard can take a Pre-Foundation Programme.
We will be glad to assist you.
Study Programme - Modules
On this subject route, you will study a mix of core academic modules, alongside English language preparation.
These subjects are compulsory and are delivered as co-requisites:
Student Life & Activities
At DCU, we know that students participating in extracurricular activities experience a more fulfilling university life.
We encourage you to join events, clubs and societies to get involved in the vibrant student life.
Are you ready to start your Pathway?
The deadline for undergraduate applications is 1 July
Your application will be assessed and if approved you will receive an offer to study on both the Foundation programme and Bachelor degree programme at DCU.
Successful completion of your foundation programme guarantees progression to your DCU Bachelor programme.
Are you still unsure about which course or pathway is more suitable for you?
We will be glad to help you find the right pathway programme!
Make the most of your experience while staying in Ireland. See our range of accommodation options for international students and begin your experience of studying in Dublin at these ideal locations.